All of the papers selected by the Smallwat11 Scientific Committee will be published in the conference proceedings.
The Organisers will also offer the authors the possibility of publishing their work in the special editions to be published by the international scientific journals Ecological Engineering and Desalination and Water Treatment, Science and Engineering and by the national scientific journal RETEMA to mark the III International Congress Smallwat. Authors interested in having their papers published in these journals must observe the conditions for participation.
Ecological Engineering y Desalination and Water Treatment, Science and Engineeri
ECOLOGICAL ENGINEERING and DESALINATION AND WATER TREATMENT, SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
SmallWat11 participants interested in paper submission on their work presented in the conference have to follow the instructions below. Papers can be submitted to the journals ECOLOGICAL ENGINNERING "or" DESALINATION AND WATER TREATMENT. SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. Please carefully select the journal according to the topic of your work. Visit the respective web sites to be sure that your paper fits within the topics of the journal, and also to evaluate if your contribution has enough scientific and technical quality to be published. We strongly reccomend to authors to check published papers to ensure that the manuscript is of enough quality.
All oral presentations AS WELL AS poster presentations can be considered for paper submission.
Papers submitted to ECOLOGICAL ENGINEERING must deal with natural or extensive technologies like constructed wetlands, waste stabilisation ponds, algal systems, soil systems, and in general non-mechanical technologies. Papers on ecological sanitation and water reuse for environmental purposes also can be submitted. Methodological papers will be also considered for their publication.
- Papers submitted to DESALINATION AND WATER TREATMENT, SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING must deal with environment and energy considerations, integrated water management, water reuse, wastewater and related topics.
- In the case of ECOLOGICAL ENGINEERING papers must be submitted electronically through: http://ees.elsevier.com/ecoleng/ indicating for the SmallWat11 special issue in the appropriate box. Do not forget to include the names of three international reviewers. Before submission the system will ask you to create an account. Then you will receive a password and will be able to proceed with the submission. Joan García, Jan Vymazal, Robert Kadlec and Juan José Salas will be the guests editors for the special issue.
- In the case of DESALINATION AND WATER TREATMENT, SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING papers must be submitted electronically through the link to the journal: http://www.deswater.com where appears the instructions to authors. Do not forget in "paper submission/suggested reviewers" section include the names of at least two international reviewers and indicate that the paper will be for the SmallWat11 special issue. Please submit papers electronically to both in word and pdf format.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTIONS OF BOTH JOURNALS IN THE CORRESPONDING WEB-SITE FOR MANUSCRIPT EDITION AND CORRECT SUBMISSION.
- DEADLINE FOR BOTH JOURNALS IS 30th of September 2011. Please consider that we would like to have the special issues by spring 2012 and therefore papers can not be submitted later.
- SUBMISSION CAN BE STARTED BY July 1st.
- Questions related to publication in ECOLOGICAL ENGINEERING have to be sent to Joan García (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions related to publication in DESALINATION AND WATER TREATMENT have to be sent to Isabel Martín (email@example.com)
RETEMA. Technical Journal of Environment
All authors interested in publishing in a technical journal at national level (Spain), may do so in the journal RETEMA (TECHNICAL JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENT) (http://www.retema.es ).
ONLY SPANISH PAPERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE PUBLISHED, INCLUDING THOSE FROM LATIN AMERICA, IF ARE WRITTEN IN THAT LANGUAGE.
- This journal has a long experience in the sector (24 years), being one of the leading publications of the Environmental Sector in Spain, making it be valued and viewed by most of the technical administration, councils, associations, consortiums and autonomic regions, as well as by different industrial sectors responsible to the environment.
At the same time has been a very useful tool for engineering enterprises, contractors and builders when developing their environmental projects (water, waste, emissions, impacts, etc.).
Works to be published should be sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , with a maximum of 6-7 pages (font size 10 pt) in doc. format, including pictures and diagrams in high resolution JPG.
Submission dates will depend on the special issue of Water Sector where author want to publish. In this regard:
- To publish in the special issue of water sector (May-June 2011), THE DEADLINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION OF PAPER is 20th of june, 2011.
- To publish in special issue of water sector (September-October 2011), THE DEADLINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION IS 15th of September 2011.